Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2001/01/11 13:11:18 UTC

BugRat Report #739 has been filed.

Bug report #739 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/739>

REPORT #739 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2.1
   JVM Release: java version "1.3.0_01" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0_01) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0_01, mixed mode)
   Operating System: Windows 95
   OS Release: 4.00.095 B
   Platform: x86

Synopsis:
Problem when I try to store a referance to the session in the context and then when I try to access it in the next request I get NullPointerException

The same code works just fine on tomcat 3.1.1.

The problem to me appears to be due the fact that I save a referance to the HttpSessionFacade ( HttpSession to the servlet) in the ServletContext.
In the next request when I try to access this object after retrieving it from the context, tomcat has already called the method recycle() on the facade object and the HttpSession reference inside the class HttpSessionFacade is null and I end up with NullPointerException.

========= 8<===== EXCEPTION THROWN==== 8< =====

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpSessionFacade.invalidate(HttpSessionFacade.java
:136)
 at TestSessionBehaviour.doPost(TestSessionBehaviour.java:33)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
 at
 at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)