Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Reinhard X. Fuerst" <rx...@rexfue.de> on 2006/03/19 18:55:23 UTC

Refresh JCanvas after changing attribute

Hi,

I want some elements in my SVG-grafik to blink.
I try to do  this with switching the display attribute between 'inline'
an 'none'.
If i do 'document.getElementById("Sonne").setAttribute("display","none")'
and
'....,"inline") in the eventhandler for mouse-actions, it works fine.

But if I do the same calls in the 'actionPerformed' of a swing-timer,
there is no reaction in the canvas.
If I move the mouse heavyly over the canvas back and forth, I see the
reaction of the timer.

It seems, that the repaint of the canvas is only done after a
mouse-event and not after a simple change of an attribute.

How can I force a refresh after the change of the display attribute?

Thanks for help.

Reinhard

Re: Refresh JCanvas after changing attribute

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Reinhard,
        Please read the Batik FAQ, in particular:
                http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/faqs.html#faq-22