Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Johannes Goll <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/01 17:13:30 UTC

Update Solr Schema To Store Field

Hi,

I am running apache-solr-3.1.0 and would like to change a field
attribute from stored="false" to
stored="true".

I have several hundred cores that have been indexed without storing
the field which is fine
as I only would like to retrieve the value for new data that I plan to
index with the
updated schema.

My question is whether this change affects the query behavior for the
existing indexed
documents which were loaded with stored ="false"

Thanks a lot,
Johannes

RE: Update Solr Schema To Store Field

Posted by Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>.
This should be fine. From my experience, changing a field from stored="false" to stored="true" and vice versa is generally safe to do and has no unexpected behavior.

-Michael