Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Sunil Sreedharan <su...@hotmail.com> on 2005/09/08 15:59:21 UTC

Using iBatis in Client Server Apps

Hi,
I have used iBatis with various web apps(both in Java and .NET). I now have
a project where I need to build a rich GUI based application using VB.net.
The application would have about 5 clients (one of which would double up as
a DB server).

Since the sql statements are stored in XML, it would be possible for any
wise user to make changes.
I have two questions in this regard.
a. Is it possible for me to locate the xml file in a central location (just
like in Web apps), so that all the clients can access a single copy?
b. Can the xml files be encrypted so that users dont modify them?

Regards
Sunil

Amitabh fan? Here’s a chance to chat with the Big B himself.
http://server1.msn.co.in/sp05/DJbk/index.asp Click here now!

Re: Using iBatis in Client Server Apps

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
 Xml Files can be loaded from the root directory of the application, through
an absolute path or loaded as an embedded resource in an assembly. See
documentation for usage.
They can't be encrypted.
 -Gilles