Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Ruth Harris <rh...@maprtech.com> on 2015/08/04 23:09:30 UTC

Myriad Doc Plan & Wiki Permissions

Hi Luciano, Adam, Danese, and Team,

(Resending...)

Thank you everyone for welcoming me. I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and
get to work.

   1. I've sent an email to get info re: an ICLA
   2. I've also created an Apache Wiki account and can access the Myriad
   Wiki, but when I checked today, I didn't have Edit or Create page
   permissions.
   3. *Could the space administrator please grant me permissions?*
   4. I've also done some basic editing on the .markdown files from GitHub
   Phase 1. (I have copies on my local system.) *If there are no objections*,
   I'll convert the .md files to confluence and put the cleaned up versions in
   the wiki.
   5. The following is an initial outline for Myriad Open Source. Please
   review and provide feedback: I.E. Too many topics, wrong type of topics,
   missing topics, etc.

An initial draft is targeted August 17th (< 2 weeks) *unless* you all think
it is too aggressive. Obviously, I'll need help with the topics:

Major Topics

   -

   Description (aka: what it is)
   -

   Use Cases (aka: why and how it is used)
   -

   Architecture (aka: how it works)
   -

      RMs (ResourceManager) and NM (NodeManager) in Mesos Containers
      -

      NodeManager Profiles
      -

      Fine-grained Scaling
      -

      High Availability (HA)
      -

   Installation
   -

      Pre-installation and prerequisites
      -

      Installation (generic)
      -

      Post-installation and configuration
      -

   Administration (aka: how to use it)
   -

      Launching Myriad
      -

      Scaling (Flex up/down on nodes, see REST API)
      -

      Running YARN apps
      -

      Stopping
      - Configuring

      - Monitoring

   - REST API
   -

      PUT /api/cluster/flexup
      -

      PUT /api/cluster/flexdown
      -

      GET /api/state

      GET /api/config

--
Ruth Harris
Sr. Technical Writer, MapR

Re: Myriad Doc Plan & Wiki Permissions

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
*Wiki Permissions:*
I've finally figured out how to set permissions on the wiki. Hint for
admins:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/spacepermissions.action?key=MYRIAD
I've made Ken an admin, and will make any other committers admins if you
create/share your wiki accountId.
I've added Brandon and Ruth as editors, and will add anybody else if you
create/share your wiki accountId. Or Ken can do it now. :)

*Doc Plan:*
Ruth, could you put your cleaned up versions of the phase1 docs in a github
PR for others to review?
I think we'd like to see what's on your mind before we hand over the reigns
to the wiki.

Thanks!
-Adam-

Posted by Ruth Harris <rh...@maprtech.com>.