Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Roland Chan <rc...@casebank.com> on 2002/01/11 21:46:40 UTC

Cookie Manager & Struts?

Not 100% on how to correctly use the cookie manager, could someone
please give an example of how to use this correctly.

I have a struts application for which I created a thread group, added
the cookie manager, and web test samples all beneath a simple
controller.  The test simulates a login, and then one other business
action.  The login works fine (1st struts action -- in which case I am
assuming the cookie manager correctly used the JSESSIONID), however,
when it tries to proceed with the next business action (2nd struts
action) it no longer has any knowledge of the current session and I
receive an IO Exception.

Does anyone else experience this sort of behavior.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Roland

RE: Cookie Manager & Struts?

Posted by Roland Chan <rc...@casebank.com>.
Small correction to my previous post, my cookie manager is at the thread
group level.

RE: Cookie Manager & Struts?

Posted by "Dmitri G. Chtchekine" <dg...@emory.edu>.
If URL' file name changes from page to page then CookieManager will not
add SOME cookies to the Response. E.g. :
page 1: http://www.a.com/servlets/XXX/page1
page 2: http://www.a.com/servlets/YYY/page2
cookies in with cookie.getPath() containing XXX will not be added
to Response for page2. This is b/c CookieManager has a condition
in getCookieHeaderForURL(URL url) method:
url.getFile().startsWith(cookie.getPath())
I don't know if this is your problem, but I had this issue in my
test scenarios where user was hopping from servlet to servlet and was
losing his session. My request had 2 cookies: one from JServ, its path
was simply "/" and there was no problem with it, but the other was an
app server's cookie that had it's path set to "/servlet/XXX". Therefore
CookieManager was comparing url.getFile()=/servlet/YYY and
cookie.getPath()=/servlet/XXX and since they don't match it was dropping
the cookie (unfortunately it was the last cookie that maintained the
session).
I ended up commenting-out that condition and everything worked well.
Good luck,
Dmitri

RE: Cookie Manager & Struts?

Posted by Alex Colic <Al...@pop-ware.com>.