Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2005/09/06 19:43:26 UTC

Problems to use Chainsaw V2 using SocketAppenders

Hi folks,

I came across the Chainsaw V2 and thought it would save my day but I'm
unable to get it running ....

+) I updated to log4j 1.2.11 since 1.3alpha6 breaks my code
+) I can use the old chainsaw with no problem
+) I never get any logging event using Chainsaw 2.0alpha

Any ideas what went wrong ....

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl

CHAINSAW CONFIG
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration >
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
debug="true">
   <plugin name="SocketReceiver"
class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketReceiver">
      <param name="Port" value="4445"/>
   </plugin>
   <root>
      <level value="debug"/>