Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de> on 2007/10/24 09:53:14 UTC

Problems using a customized javadoc plugin from custom repository

Hi,

I'm trying to work around http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-157
so I have checked out the maven-javadoc-plugin sources and tweaked it so
it works for building my site. I have added the necessary into to deploy
my patched m-j-p to my custom repo and deployed it.

The site runs on our CI server which must be able to download the
patched m-j-p from our custom repo. This works fine but when I run the
site, I get the following error message:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error getting reports from the plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin': Unable to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.4-MULE-586296:javadoc'
in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin'
org/apache/maven/doxia/siterenderer/RendererException

No, running with -X -e does not come up with any more helpful info either.

I have searched the archive and found various threads with "unable to
find the mojo" which generally seems to be solved by removing the plugin
in question from the local repo. I did this and I even ran the build
with a fresh local repo: the error remains the same.

Any idea what could be wrong here?

-dirk

Re: Problems using a customized javadoc plugin from custom repository

Posted by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de>.
Yan Huang wrote:
> wondering if this issue is resolved? javadoc and sources plugin is repeating
> life cycle unnecessarily. If your fix in javadoc is working, can it be
> shared?

Well the fix in my situation was to check out the trunk of
maven-javadoc-plugin, delete the @aggregator from AbstractJavadocMojo
and deploy the patched plugin to the local repo using a different version.

This works fine as long as you have it in your local repository but if
you want to deploy the patched plugin to your custom repository, the
build will start to fail.

I gave up analyzing the problem as I don't really have the time and the
energy to dig through the Maven sources.

Posted by Yan Huang <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de>.

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Try to remove your repo, specially:
${user.home}/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin

Cheers,

Vincent