Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by en...@free.fr on 2004/03/03 16:02:23 UTC

caching question

Hi,

 i've got problems with the getValidity() method.
On the first request my caching component's response gets cached,
getKey() and getValidity() are called, everything's ok.
On the next request (with the same key generated), getValidity() is not called,
the cache is used.
What should i do to have my getValidity() method called when cachedKey and
new key match?

thnks

Re: caching question

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
My first guess would be to check the implementation of the Validity
object you return from getValidity(). The Validity object can assert
validity by itself without the Cache having to retrieve the current
Validity to compare it to.

Some descirption about this can be found here:
http://avalon.apache.org/excalibur/api/org/apache/excalibur/source/SourceValidity.html

If the no-argument isValid() method returns SourceValidity.VALID the
Cache won't call the getValidity() method of your component.

Unico