Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Sander A. Smith" <sm...@sericontech.com> on 2010/11/10 03:32:38 UTC

[daemon] jsvc returning control on RedHat

I'm trying to write a daemon on RedHat. I've written a class with the Daemon
interface, and things seem to run fine except for one issue. When I call
jsvc the system starts normally, and the daemon starts running. However, the
jsvc process does return until I hit Enter. After I hit Enter, I finally get
back to a prompt.

I'm watching and notice that the start() method is working properly. I'm
calling thread.start() and I know that my thread has started properly. I
think that something is stopping jsvc to properly return, but don't know
what. Any ideas?

--
Sander A. Smith
President

Sericon Technology Inc.
71 Marquette Ave.
Toronto, Ontario M6A 1X8
(416)781-3988

Link to me on LinkedIn
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sandersmith

Join our community of people interested in testing Facebook applications
http://www.TestFacebook.com

Learn about advanced tools for testing social networking applications
http://www.FriendRunner.com

http://www.sericontech.com