Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by matthew denner <ma...@evtechnology.com> on 2001/05/01 15:09:43 UTC

type mapping clashing problem

Dear all,

i have a problem with type mappings where i have a clash.  on the client
side i would like to serialise any java.util.Set and on the server side i'd
like to deserialise this information into a java.util.HashSet (for example).
however, my server side may also send back any java.util.Set derived class.
do i have to setup a Serializer / Deserializer for each class that implements
java.util.Set or is there an easier way?

i found that this seems to be a problem (or a confusion on my part) with any
class that implements an interface (our code has a whole load of classes
like this where i may end up with a clash).  i currently can't see how SOAP
handles interfaces but i have a solution (in my head!) that would solve this
relatively simply by changing the setup of the mapping information and
changing the Serializer and Deserializer interfaces but would like to know
if there is a way already to solve this (i suppose i'm asking if there are
any design patterns for SOAP?).

if there isn't a solution at the current time i can offer a suggestion as to
a relatively simple (and i think cleaner) way of solving this problem.

Cheers,
Matt