Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2007/04/17 21:32:47 UTC

Newbie question: Building master projects with a single version number.

I've got a master project that contains a number of modules.  I'd like
to run the release:prepare goal on that master project and get the
version number to filter down into the sub-projects.  However, each
sub-project must specify its parent, including a version number.  When
the release plug-in changes the version number of the master POM, won't
this cause an error in the sub-projects that refer to that master POM?

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
David

Re: Newbie question: Building master projects with a single version number.

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@apache.org>.
No.

When releasing from a parent pom along with its modules, the release plugin
will also update the module parent versions to the correct parent version.
Its a different scenario though if you're ONLY releasing the parent pom.
In which case, you have to manually update the module projects to the
correct version.

Hope that helps. ^_^