Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@apache.org> on 2018/04/09 06:07:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-1 released

Dear community,

The Apache Groovy team is pleased to announce version 2.5.0-rc-1 of
Apache Groovy.
Apache Groovy is a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
Further details can be found at the http://groovy.apache.org website.

This is a pre-release of a new version of Groovy.
We greatly appreciate any feedback you can give us when using this version.

This release includes 18 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12342817

Sources, convenience binaries, downloadable documentation and an SDK
bundle can be found at: http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
We recommend you verify your installation using the information on that page.

Jars are also available within the major binary repositories.

We welcome your help and feedback and in particular want
to thank everyone who contributed to this release.

For more information on how to report problems, and to get involved,
visit the project website at https://groovy.apache.org/

Best regards,

The Apache Groovy team.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-1 released

Posted by Marcin Erdmann <ma...@proxerd.pl>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-8541

I took the liberty to set priority and fix version.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com

Posted by Marcin Erdmann <ma...@proxerd.pl>.

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Erdmann <ma...@proxerd.pl>.
Yeah, I've noticed the zip packaging in pom but wasn't sure if that's the
reason why Gradle tries to resolve the jar for that artifact. Should I
create an issue for it?

I'll assume that this will be fixed in rc-2 and I will try again when it's
released.

Posted by Marcin Erdmann <ma...@proxerd.pl>.

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Erdmann <ma...@proxerd.pl>.
Paul,

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I indeed missed this page.

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Marcin Erdmann <ma...@proxerd.pl>.
Paul,

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.
On 09.04.2018 16:50, Daniel.Sun wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
>
>       Do you mean some classes' groovydoc files are missing in the 2.5.0 rc-1
> release?

yes, the list of classes to choose from in the html, seems to be much
shorter

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-1 released

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Jochen,

     Do you mean some classes' groovydoc files are missing in the 2.5.0 rc-1
release?

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-1 released

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.

Am 09.04.2018 um 14:16 schrieb Daniel.Sun:
> Nice!
>
> P.S. I plan to release 3.0.0 alpha 2 this week :-)

can you guys btw check groovydoc? I think there are some classes missing
compared to 2.4.x

bye Jochen

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-1 released

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
Nice!