Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yang <te...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/04 21:02:38 UTC

keyspace not propagated to a new node?

I let a new node join the ring, and giving it a new token by
-Dinitial_token=

both the new node and old nodes on the ring discover each other, that's
good.

I already defined a Keyspace on the old ring, but this  KS is not
propagated to the new node.
Even after 10 minutes, the new node still does not see the KS.

do I have to do something? I thought the bootstrap process would get the
KS'es???

also I tried the -Dcassandra.replace_token, same issue

thanks
Yang

Re: keyspace not propagated to a new node?

Posted by Yang <te...@gmail.com>.
this is 1.1.2

unfortunately the logs does not show anything except for the initial
startup sequences.
on the siblings, somehow the /var/log/cassandra/system.log were wrongly
deleted, so I can't see their responses either

I'll try resetlocalschema next time

thanks!
yang

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.