Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/26 11:22:15 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Time to release Geronimo 2.2.1 ?

We have had a couple of fixes in the 2.2 branch since the Geronimo 2.2 was
released.  Maybe it's time to release Geronimo 2.2.1 to bring all the
available fixes to Geronimo users.

If everybody agree to release the new 2.2.1 release.  I'd like to volunteer
to be the release mananger of this release. :  )

I've created a wiki page[1] to track the current status of 2.2 branch since
Geronimo 2.2.  If there's something that you want to include in the new
release, this is the thread to speak out.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+2.2.1+Release+Status
--
Shawn

Re: [DISCUSSION] Time to release Geronimo 2.2.1 ?

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Finally,  it's time to do 2.2.1 release.   Again, I'd like to volunteer to
be the release manager of this release.   Currently,  we are waiting for

1,  txmanager 2.2 vote result
2,  openejb 3.1.3 release (There's 3.1.3 release discussion at openejb
mail-list)

I'll cut a 2.2.1 tag for release vote when txmanager/openejb releases are
complete.   Please tell me if you have anything to add in 2.2.1 release. we
could track the release status at [1].

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Sounds good!  Thanks for volunteering.

-Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Any thoughts on upgrading MyFaces from 1.2.6 -> 1.2.8?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 26, 2010, at 5:22 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> We have had a couple of fixes in the 2.2 branch since the Geronimo 2.2 was released.  Maybe it's time to release Geronimo 2.2.1 to bring all the available fixes to Geronimo users.
>
> If everybody agree to release the new 2.2.1 release.  I'd like to volunteer to be the release mananger of this release. :  )
>
> I've created a wiki page[1] to track the current status of 2.2 branch since Geronimo 2.2.  If there's something that you want to include in the new release, this is the thread to speak out.
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+2.2.1+Release+Status

Thanks Shawn.

Sounds good to me.

--kevan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Time to release Geronimo 2.2.1 ?

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good idea, since some users are expecting more frequent
updates. We need to go through the open JIRA list to see what remaining ones
should be fixed in v2.2.1.

-Jack

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I wonder if anyone would have time to think about fixing GERONIMO-5256?  (WADI clustering deserializes session contents with the wrong thread context classloader)

thanks
david jencks