Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geralyn M Hollerman <gm...@louisiana.edu> on 2003/05/29 17:32:02 UTC

Re: How to create directories unser webapps?

stephanj wrote:
> Is it not possible to create directories to organize your users with Tomcat?

I *think* I understand what you want to do...we needed something
similar, so we created a directory outside of the Tomcat context and
then, in the /Tomcat/webapps directory, put a symbolic link to that
directory outside of Tomcat (call it /New). Now we can access /New by
pointing to http://hostname:8080/New - this is along with a similar
<Context> statement in server.xml. I hope this is what you had in mind!

HTH!

--
Lynn Hollerman.

Re: How to create directories unser webapps?

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
I'm no guru, but I believe the recommended configuration is to set the
Context with the appopriate directory as its docBase.  A Context's docBase
does not have to be under a Host's appBase.

John

Posted by Geralyn M Hollerman <gm...@louisiana.edu>.

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.