Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Bleck <bl...@laposte.net> on 2004/03/17 19:15:23 UTC

Installing from binary

Hi,

I'm trying to install lenya on my system, where a cocoon/tomcat configuration
is already running, under Mandrake GNU-Linux.

I've downloded the archive and the install instructions that come with it are
very evasives :

>1) Start up Lenya by executing lenya.bat on Windows or lenya.sh on Unix.
>2) Open http://localhost:8888/ with your browser

That's all !

Running lenya.sh returns :
         bash: ./lenya.sh: /bin/sh/: bad interpreter: Not a directory
removing the first line of the script is not enough since the script then
answers it needs an argument...

Obviouly, the "intallation instructions" are obsolete. Where can I find some
real information instructing of how to install a binary lenya on Linux ? Is
it possible ?
--
Bleck

Re: Installing from binary

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Bleck wrote:

> Some other pages are rendered as expected (i.e. blog/introduction.html) but
> must of the deeper pages return a 404 error.

can you file a bug with the relevant log entries?

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Installing from binary

Posted by Bleck <bl...@laposte.net>.
Dans son courriel du Mercredi 17 Mars 2004 19:40, Gregor J. Rothfuss écrivait
:
> ./lenya.sh servlet

Thanks again. Now I have a responsive server even if none of my browsers seems
to be able to render the content delivered as index.html.

Re: Installing from binary

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
./lenya.sh servlet

Re: Installing from binary

Posted by Bleck <bl...@laposte.net>.
Dans son courriel du Mercredi 17 Mars 2004 19:22, Gregor J. Rothfuss écrivait
:
> #!/bin/sh
>
> right?
>
> that trailing slash should not be there.

Thanks. I had already solved this problem but then the script says I should
have given an argument (action). Since these "actions" are not referenced in
the two-lines install documentation, I have no idea of which argument I'm
supposed to give.
--
Bleck

Re: Installing from binary

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Bleck wrote:

>>1) Start up Lenya by executing lenya.bat on Windows or lenya.sh on Unix.
>>2) Open http://localhost:8888/ with your browser
>

> That's all !
>
> Running lenya.sh returns :
>          bash: ./lenya.sh: /bin/sh/: bad interpreter: Not a directory
> removing the first line of the script is not enough since the script then
> answers it needs an argument...

your first line is