Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jake Jacobson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/08 17:02:06 UTC

Running Nutch on VMs

Hi,

Has anyone had experience in running a large scale nutch on VM running
RedHat Linux?  Would like to setup a test bed that would index 80
million documents and support up to 5 searches per second.  If so, can
you provide me any guidance on how much ram, diskspace, and processors
needed for the configuration?

Does Nutch get any performance boost from running on 64 bit verses a 32 bit OS?

Jake Jacobson
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jakejacobson
http://www.new.facebook.com/people/Jake_Jacobson/622727274

Our greatest fear should not be of failure,
but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter.
   -- ANONYMOUS

Re: Running Nutch on VMs

Posted by schroedi <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jake,

my Testenvironment ist on Vmware Fusion in a ubuntu VM. But with 80
million document i havent testit.
Soon maybe, but at this time the performence is still good. nutch has to
crawl 10.000 Domain.

VM Size = 1GB Ram
HD = 5 GB (until - today)

HTH,

a new test runs on a Debian 4.0 VM with 512MB Ram and 10GB space.

I will report you soon !!

Mario

--

Mario Schröder | http://www.finanz-checks.de