Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paralos Trainings <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/24 15:04:41 UTC

CVE-2017-6056.

I’d like to know if the latest version of Tomcat 7 and Tomcat 8 are
affected by CVE-2017-6056.

If so, when is the update to fix the vulnerability going to be released.

I couldn’t find the reference on any of the vulnerabilities pages:

https://tomcat.apache.org/security.html

Thanks.
PT

RE: CVE-2017-6056.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Paralos Trainings [mailto:paralostraninigs@gmail.com]
> Subject: CVE-2017-6056.

> I'd like to know if the latest version of Tomcat 7 and Tomcat 8 are
> affected by CVE-2017-6056.

Real Tomcat releases (downloaded from tomcat.apache.org) are not affected.  Some 3rd-party repackaged versions do have the problem due to failure on their part to include relevant fixes.

 - Chuck