Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Michael K <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/29 01:09:29 UTC

Log4net error in WCF

Hi,

I am having a problem while using log4Net within a WCF services. I am trying
to log messages using log4Net in my service implementation. I
host my service inside and IIS and hence my log4net config sits inside
the web.config file.

When I created a static instance  of the logger class , it throws an
exception.

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message
reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version,
FaultConverter faultConverter)
  at
System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime
operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
  at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action,
Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins,
Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
  at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action,
Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins,
Object[] outs)
  at
System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage
methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
  at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage
message)

Please help me.
Michael

RE: Log4net error in WCF

Posted by Radovan Raszka <ra...@hasam.cz>.
Hi,
check if your WCF service runs when log4net is not used. Can you send complete  web.config content here?
Radovan