Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by David Sills <DS...@datasourceinc.com> on 2011/09/28 18:04:12 UTC

Question about web services

All:

I have a question I can't seem to get a ready answer to. I see some
potentially useful attributes on the jaxws:endpoint element, but I'm not
sure how to use them.

I have a report-writing service implemented on a Tomcat server in
Windows using the CXF Spring configuration. While doing this, however, I
left myself room to easily implement other web services on the same
server by simply dropping in a JAR file into WEB-INF/lib with a Spring
configuration in a known location within the JAR file and adding a
single line to the master Spring configuration file. Happy to share if
that sounds interesting to anyone.

However, now I'm faced with a new challenge. My services up till now
have been and need to remain HTTP. A new service has been requested,
however, that must use HTTPS. Setting up Tomcat for HTTPS is its own
problem, of course, but that's not what I'm asking.

How do I mark a particular service to use HTTPS, even though other
services may be using HTTP?

Many, many thanks for any advice and ideas.

David Sills

RE: Question about web services

Posted by David Sills <DS...@datasourceinc.com>.
Perhaps I'm just being slow, but if so, it still doesn't mean that no
one can even answer me. At least let me know I'm asking a dumb question
and point me to some place where all this is clearly explicated.

Thanks!

David

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
Unless you're doing a standalone web service (embedded Jetty using
Endpoint.publish()), that will be marked in the web.xml for the WAR
hosting your web service provider:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/ssl_for_web_services

You might be able to do the same thing you're doing below if you host
your SSL-enabled services in a different WAR (with the web.xml change
mentioned above).

Glen

--
Glen Mazza