Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by my...@cs.tcd.ie on 2005/08/25 19:06:51 UTC

Message Loading question

Hi,

Would someone be able to briefly explain to me what the message loaders
are used for in Xerces? The XMLMessageLoader class states that "each
instance of the message loads a file of messages", what type of messages
is it loading and what are they used for?

Regards,

Brian

Re: Message Loading question

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
At 18.06 25/08/2005 +0100, mylerb@cs.tcd.ie wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Would someone be able to briefly explain to me what the message loaders
>are used for in Xerces? The XMLMessageLoader class states that "each
>instance of the message loads a file of messages", what type of messages
>is it loading and what are they used for?

The messages it loads are the textual representation of error codes
(e.g. "Unterminated entity reference", "Cannot open file", etc..);
they can be stored as arrays in the code (InMemMsgLoader), inside the
Windows resources (Win32MsgLoader), inside ICU "bundles"
(ICUMsgLoader) or using some other Unix/AS-400 specific formats.

Hope this helps,
Alberto