Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/03 20:07:58 UTC

7/31 MesosCon program committee meeting notes

Below are notes from last Thursday's MesosCon program committee meeting.

With less than 3 weeks away from MesosCon, I strongly encourage you to register
for the event <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon> and meet
us in Chicago, August 21-22nd. We have contributors and adopters flying in
from around the country and world, and it promises to be a huge milestone
for the community.

As I note below, we're encouraging community members to blog about the
event and Mesos in the coming weeks; drop me a line if you're interested or
have a blog post we can help promote.

Dave

07/31/2014

Attendees

Dave Lester, Isabel Jimenez, Chris Aniszczyk, Ben Hindman, Matt Trifiro

Attendee/Registration Update

As of July 25, there were 187 total MesosCon registrants: 96 MesosCon, 91
registered for LinuxCon with the MesosCon add-on. Outreach continues (see
notes below).

The program committee is having registration promo codes created to offer
discounted tickets to some late registrants.

PR / Media / Outreach

We discussed the opportunity to blog more in the coming weeks: another
overview blog post, and community posts featuring interviews and
commentary. Dave will follow-up with all event speakers; MesosCon attendees
are also encouraged to blog and share their posts in the weeks leading up
to MesosCon.

There is a possibility that the Linux Foundation can cross-post a MesosCon
announcement that we publish to the Mesos website. Dave and Chris will