Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Tadas Makčinskas <Ta...@bdc.lt> on 2012/12/18 11:51:59 UTC

#of disk partitions on a phisical machine

I have several physical machines with two mounted hard disks each. Now going through partitioning process and not sure  should I leave partitions according to the disk size or it’s better to merge them as one?

As I will have just one JT, DN per server not sure how multiple partitions will be handled within Hadoop. Do they perform in such a manner?

Thanks, Tadas

RE: #of disk partitions on a phisical machine

Posted by Tadas Makčinskas <Ta...@bdc.lt>.
will try to configure my machines in that manner

thanks, Tadas

Posted by Tadas Makčinskas <Ta...@bdc.lt>.

RE: #of disk partitions on a phisical machine

Posted by Tadas Makčinskas <Ta...@bdc.lt>.

Posted by Tadas Makčinskas <Ta...@bdc.lt>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tadas,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tadas,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tadas,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tadas,

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: #of disk partitions on a phisical machine

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: #of disk partitions on a phisical machine

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: #of disk partitions on a phisical machine

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar