Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/01/04 11:40:27 UTC

Proposed change to

Hi,

a while back I changed <property> to use ClassLoader.getResource
instead of Class.getResource when loading properties from a resource.

The main difference is that Class.getResource will prepend the package
to the resource name unless this name starts with a /. In our case
this means Ant would try to load from
/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/foo if you specify

<property resource="foo">

This is not exactly what one would expect.

I now see that <available> has the same problem, any objections
against changing that? I mean, if somebody relied on
/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/ being prepended, this would break
older builds.

Stefan