Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by William Angus <wi...@virtualxpert.com.au> on 2009/08/06 04:33:32 UTC

Disabling use of https on OfBiz servers

Hi,

I am currently trying to disable the use of https on the webtools/admin
side of ofbiz so that we can use access control to pass users to the
appropriate location within our network.

Our system will consist of SSL terminated behind our router/firewall on
the proxy server prior to the proxy forwarding to the ofbiz application
servers. https will be used until the traffic hits the proxy where it is
decrypted using stunnel or similar. Once decrypted we will use the
http-based ACLs to pass the traffic to the appropriate login instance.

Problem is, I seem to be unable to force the use of http only within our
test environment.

Currently the test environment we have been looking at this with is
trunk-2009-07-21-v796194 using embedded Tomcat but we would be looking
to running a full Tomcat install on a production system.

To date I have tried changing the settings of url.properties to
port.https.enabled=N
and
force.http.host=Y

also have looked at server.xml in the tomcat6 section and just for a
test changed all 8443 to 8080 however when the following url was tried
http://server-name:8080/webtools/login
it changed back to https://.......:8443/....

I was wondering if there was anything that I have missed or if there is
a specific file/entry that holds the configuration settings for
webtools/login.

I haven't had much experience of configuring Tomcat or OfBiz (past
database setup and initial install) as until recently my focus has been
elsewhere.

Regards
William Angus
--
William Angus - Systems Analyst
Virtual Xpert Pty Ltd

Ph: +61 2 9007 1480
Fax: +61 2 8905 9438
Mob: +61 424 298 449
email: will@virtualxpert.com.au

www.virtualxpert.com.au

Re: Disabling use of https on OfBiz servers

Posted by Mike Rose <mx...@mutsys.com>.
Hi William,

    I recently had to do a similar task.  My solution was to proxy
Tomcat with and Apache httpd instance via AJP/JK.  Within Apache you
now have a fair number of flexible tools that allow you to modify URLs
as they pass through.  mod_rewrite is especially helpful here to use
to fake out Tomcat.

Mike

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I think that'll come down to the only option unless you want to change
the RequestHandler class, even if you can prevent the redirect by
configuration any POST data meant for a secure url will be rejected if
sent via http.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by an...@cohsoft.com.au.
Hi William

The only way I know of is to edit the relevant controller.xml file(s), looking for

&lt;security https="true".../&gt;

2009/8/6 William Angus &lt;will@virtualxpert.com.au&gt;