Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2013/02/22 18:35:33 UTC

Establish whether "Apache cTAKES" is a suitable name

Hi,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-24
Has been opened to determine Apache cTAKES is a suitable name (required as part of the graduation process).
I believe this was already established a long time ago, but opening this Jira as a formality and completeness (will plan to close it in 72 hrs with lazy consenious).

--Pei

RE: Establish whether "Apache cTAKES" is a suitable name

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
FYI:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-24
Has been closed as there were no strong opposition to reusing the existing brand and name (cTAKES) and was approved by trademarks@.

[Even though the official project name is cTAKES, all unix/file/package names of source code are lowered case for obvious reasons.]
--Pei
Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Tim Miller <ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
IF YOU JUST LEAVE CAPS LOCK ON YOU ONLY NEED TO PRESS SHIFT ONCE TO
SPELL IT.

Posted by "Halgrim, Scott" <ha...@ghc.org>.
I dislike the capitalization, too. It seems arbitrary. Why is the c lower-cased?

does anybody besides me dislike having to push <SHIFT> to type most of the project name? =P  what was the original thought behind that anyways?

but whatever, i'm happy with the original.

stephen

>Has been opened to determine Apache cTAKES is a suitable name (required
>as part of the graduation process).
>I believe this was already established a long time ago, but opening this
>Jira as a formality and completeness (will plan to close it in 72 hrs
>with lazy consenious).
>
>--Pei

GHC Confidentiality Statement

This message and any attached files might contain confidential information protected by federal and state law. The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entities originally named as addressees. The improper disclosure of such information may be subject to civil or criminal penalties. If this message reached you in error, please contact the sender and destroy this message. Disclosing, copying, forwarding, or distributing the information by unauthorized individuals or entities is strictly prohibited by law.

RE: Establish whether "Apache cTAKES" is a suitable name

Posted by "Wu, Stephen T., Ph.D." <Wu...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Great job Pei!