Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by John Kelly <Jo...@bellhow.com> on 1998/11/18 16:22:12 UTC

mod_jserv/3417: JServContext method getRealPath is useless and not consistent with JServConnection

>Number:         3417
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       JServContext method getRealPath is useless and not consistent with JServConnection
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
JServContext method getRealPath unconditionally returns null which makes it
impossible to get the document root in the init routine.  In addition, the
behavior of JServContext's getRealPath is not consistent with JServConnection's
getRealPath.  At least JServConnection's getRealPath provides useful information.

I realize both versions of getRealPath have "FIXME" in them, however, the location
of the document root is very important to a servlet no matter how you get the
information.  (JServConnection uses Apache environment variable Document root).
>How-To-Repeat:
Yes,  call getRealPath from init using getServletContext and from a request.
>Fix:
Implement getRealPath in a single class that for now uses the apache environment
variable and later will use the appropriate ISAPI or NMAPI interfaces.