Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Jeffrey Mealo <jm...@stringtheoryschools.com> on 2013/08/28 04:23:35 UTC

Running ApacheDS as a Daemon on Solaris with SMF Manifest

Hello all,

I'm trying to create an SMF Manifet (Solaris equivalent on an init.d
script) and I'm running into some trouble. The Linux installer uses Tanuki,
however, the Linux version of Tanuki issues a "sudo" call that is invalid
on Solaris.

If I try to replace the Tanuki wrapper binary with the Solaris version and
use wrapper.conf from the Linux package (making corrections as needed to
the path) I get the following error when running "./apacheds console
default":

[root@ds1 /opt/apache/apacheds/bin]# ./apacheds console default
Running ApacheDS - default...
wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Java Service Wrapper Community Edition 64-bit 3.5.20
wrapper  |   Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights
Reserved.
wrapper  |     http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com
wrapper  |
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
jvm 1    | Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.directory.server.wrapper.ApacheDsTanukiWrapper
wrapper  | There were 1 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than
300 seconds.  Giving up.
wrapper  |   There may be a configuration problem: please check the logs.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Mealo
Director of Data and Accountability
String Theory Schools

The Bellevue - Suite 930
200 S. Broad St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
(215) 334-4222 x111

Re: Running ApacheDS as a Daemon on Solaris with SMF Manifest

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Jeffrey,

Unfortunately, Tanuki has changed their license to something incompatible with our own Apache Software License.
So, we're stuck with version 3.2.3, for which you can find binary wrapper files for Solaris here on our repository:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/installers-maven-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/directory/server/installers/wrapper/lib/

Could you first try with this version (which matches our current setup)?

You said you used the Linux installer, was it the Linux Binary one ? (just to make sure)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Jeffrey Mealo <
jmealo@stringtheoryschools.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to create an SMF Manifet (Solaris equivalent on an init.d
> script) and I'm running into some trouble. The Linux installer uses Tanuki,
> however, the Linux version of Tanuki issues a "sudo" call that is invalid
> on Solaris.

I would suggest then to use the apacheds.sh script of the .tar or .zip
installers
and then use your init script to launch in the background

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com