Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/26 04:17:23 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Heron Release 0.20.1-incubating Release Candidate 2 (Second Pass)

Hi,

A memory leak issue was reported with this release, plus a fix is needed
for status script. I am closing this vote now and will prepare a new
release candidate after the issues are resolved.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

--ning

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Heron Release 0.20.1-incubating Release Candidate 2 (Second Pass)

Posted by Dmitry Rusakov <dr...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
Hi, Julien!

> Q: Do you have a way to tests for memory leaks as part of unit tests?
> Q: Do you have other ways to detect that as part of the release process?

We are thinking about a startup *command line flag* that will (if present)
run all native components under Valgrind.
I will get back when i have more details about it.

--
Dmitry Rusakov,
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Heron Release 0.20.1-incubating Release Candidate 2 (Second Pass)

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiaoyao Qian <qi...@illinois.edu>.

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@wework.com.INVALID>.