Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@elastic.co> on 2016/10/06 13:53:57 UTC

Important issues that need merging

Hello ZooKeeper devs,

There are a couple of issues that have become very important to Elasticsearch that we’d really like to see merged into the main code base:

==== ZOOKEEPER-2169 ====

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2169 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2169>
"Enable creation of nodes with TTLs”

This has been around for quite a while now and has been satisfactorily reviewed by multiple committers. However, even though I’ve asked multiple times it doesn’t seem to get merged. What can I do to make that happen?

==== ZOOKEEPER-1525 ====

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1525 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1525>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2143 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2143>
Plumb ZooKeeperServer object into auth plugins

I saw this patch which had been sitting around for a year. It turns out we really need this plus the functionality in ZOOKEEPER-2143 at Elasticsearch. So, I took it upon myself to reanimate this issue and freshen it up. There’s a PR at https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/84 <https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/84> with functionality from both 1525 and 2143. It would be great to know that the idea is acceptable to the ZK dev team and, assuming successful review, will get merged soon.

ZooKeeper is a core component at Elastic Cloud and we hope that we can count on these new features getting merged soon. Once merged, we can build from source until the features are released.

Thanks so much!!!

Sincerely, Your Curator,

-Jordan

Re: Important issues that need merging

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Thanks Flavio!!! I hope these issues help others too.

-Jordan

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.