Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2009/10/28 12:02:07 UTC

ApacheDS 1.5 Documentation

Hi dev,

if you don't mind I'd like go through the ApacheDS 1.5 wiki and remove
all pages that are not valid for the current ApacheDS 1.5.5 release (or
at least hide them). I'd also update some pages where I know the current
state.

In the last days some users asked some simple questions and refered to
the outdated documentation. I think it is better to have no
documentation than outdated documentation because the latter is very
frustrating for users.

Thoughts?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: ApacheDS 1.5 Documentation

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.
+1, sorry for me being very dormant and not updating the doco at least

Kiran Ayyagari

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated the Basic Users Guide [1], it should valid for ApacheDS 1.5.5 now.
>
> I moved the page about the Spring configuration [2] to a Sandbox page,
> so it isn't visible anymore. IMO such a page doesn't fit into a _Basic_
> Users Guide. Additionally it is not up-to-date. If it gets updated I
> think a better place would be the Advanced User Guide (however I think
> it will become obsolete once we have CiDIT).
>
> Stefan
>
> [1]http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/apacheds-v15-basic-users-guide.html
> [2]http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/1.4.1+Configuration+of+ApacheDS+with+Spring

Thanks a lot Stefan !