Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Soft Engg <en...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/29 20:25:25 UTC

cfcontent cfheader no popup

Hi

The following code opens a pdf/word files but the user gets a popup
regarding "do u want to open or save the file".Is there a way to open a word
doc/pdf in the browser without the popups.

Thanks

Vikram

<CFHEADER
	NAME="Content-Disposition" VALUE="attachment; filename=451DocUpdates.pdf">

<cfcontent file="c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cfdocs\451DocUpdates.pdf"
type="application/word" deletefile="No">

Re: cfcontent cfheader no popup

Posted by "Dean H. Saxe" <de...@fullfrontalnerdity.com>.
Vikram,

If the browser is setup to display PDF using the Acrobat plugin, it will be
displayed in the browser automagically, otherwise the open/save dialog is
presented.

For the record, the only thing the cfheader/cfcontent pair do is tell the
browser to expect a stream of data that is not text/html, pass it the
appropriate MIME type and let the browser decide how to handle the data.

-dhs