Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/05 22:22:18 UTC

Apache Jackrabbit 1.4 release candidate 1

Hi,

[Hmm, for some reason this message never reached the mailing list. Resending...]

After branching 1.4 a few hours ago, I have now built and packaged the
first release candidate build for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.4 release.
Note that this is not yet the formal release candidate to be voted on,
just a preview for testing and feedback.

The candidate packages are available at

    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.4-rc1/

Like before, I've made a single source package, a number of binaries,
and a staged Maven 2 repository available. See the RELEASE-NOTES.txt
file for details about the release structure and the list of all the
changes since 1.3.x.

The difference between this and the final 1.4 release will likely be
minimal. If anyone spots some major issues I've overlooked in the
packages, then such fixes will certainly still go in. I'm also looking
at a few low-risk issues like JCR-1259 and JCR-1226 as candidates for
last-minute merging in case I find enough cycles to follow up on them
in time.

For future reference, here's a somewhat cleaned up log of how I built
and packaged the release candidate:

    $ mkdir $HOME/1.4-rc1
    $ cd $HOME/1.4-rc1
    $ mkdir sources binaries repository
    $ svn export
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/1.4-rc1
jackrabbit-1.4-rc1
    $ jar cMf sources/jackrabbit-1.4-rc1-src.jar
    $ cd jackrabbit-1.4-rc1
    $ cp RELEASE-NOTES.txt ..
    $ mvn deploy -DaltDeploymentRepository=my::default::file://$HOME/1.4-rc1
    $ cd jackrabbit-ocm
    $ mvn deploy -DaltDeploymentRepository=my::default::file://$HOME/1.4-rc1
    $ cd jackrabbit-ocm-nodemanagement
    $ mvn deploy -DaltDeploymentRepository=my::default::file://$HOME/1.4-rc1
    $ cd ../..
    $ for f in sources/*.jar; do gpg --armor --output $f.asc
--detach-sig $f; done
    $ find repository -name '*.?ar' -exec gpg --armor --output {}.asc
--detach-sig {} \;
    $ find repository -name '*.pom' -exec gpg --armor --output {}.asc
--detach-sig {} \;
    $ cp repository/org/apache/jackrabbit/*/1.4-rc1/*.?ar binaries
    $ cp repository/org/apache/jackrabbit/*/1.4-rc1/*.?ar.asc binaries
    $ rm -f binaries/*sources*
    $ for f in binaries/*.?ar sources/*.jar; do openssl md5 < $f >
$f.md5; openssl sha1 < $f > $f.sha; done
    $ rm -rf jackrabbit-1.4-rc1
    $ cd ..
    $ scp -r 1.4-rc1 jukka@people.apache.org:public_html/jackrabbit

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Apache Jackrabbit 1.4 release candidate 1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 9, 2008 3:12 PM, Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> > Will you be fixing these, or should I? I can take care of merging the
> > fixes to the 1.4 branch.
>
> I'll fix them and also merge the changes to the 1.4 branch.

Excellent, thanks!

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Will you be fixing these, or should I? I can take care of merging the
> fixes to the 1.4 branch.

I'll fix them and also merge the changes to the 1.4 branch.

regards
  marcel

Re: Apache Jackrabbit 1.4 release candidate 1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 9, 2008 12:23 PM, Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
> I've identified a couple of issues with the demo web application, which I'd like
> to fix for the 1.4 release:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1298
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1299

Good points, see my comments in the issues.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Jan 5, 2008 11:22 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After branching 1.4 a few hours ago, I have now built and packaged the
> first release candidate build for the Apache Jackrabbit 1.4 release.
> Note that this is not yet the formal release candidate to be voted on,
> just a preview for testing and feedback.

Thanks for the issues reported so far, keep them coming! I'll review
and try to resolve them all.

I'll wait until Wednesday for any more problem reports against this
candidate package, and (unless any major unresolved issues remain)
will then follow up with the release vote.

BR,

Jukka Zitting