Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> on 2023/06/09 16:53:34 UTC

Re: Solr Operator Autoscaling

So the SIP for this is
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/SIP-17%3A+Node+Autoscaling+via+Kubernetes,
and you can find more information there.

The features are not released, but they should be available starting with
Solr 9.3 and the Solr Operator v0.8.0.

As for adding new replicas, that's not currently in the design but it's a
future part of the roadmap (and was discussed on the mailing list thread
linked in the SIP. The current design is mainly adding Nodes and moving the
existing replicas around.

I have heard of people using Solr (via the Solr Operator) with HPAs, but it
would be a manual process without this new integration.

- Houston