Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Michael Berman <mb...@sqrrl.com> on 2013/05/17 20:05:45 UTC

No init scripts or native sources in -bin distribution?

I just downloaded the 1.5 RC3 tarball from
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-007/org/apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.5.0/accumulo-1.5.0-bin.tar.gz,
and was surprised to not find the init installer scripts (for example
stand-alone-init.sh) or the native library *.cpps anywhere in the tree.  Is
there some different artifact I should be using for "everything I need to
install and run accumulo"?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: No init scripts or native sources in -bin distribution?

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Mostly, oversight, when trying to make all the binary packages produce
the same thing. They weren't deliberately excluded. If you say they
work well, then I have no reason to exclude them, other than
time/effort/priorities reasons, at best.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.