Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Naggi Rao <na...@softhome.net> on 2001/05/18 00:33:08 UTC

Invocation Vs Request

Is there anyone working on establishing some sort of a frame work for SOAP ?
I mean wouldnt it be nice to have a framework (like RMI,CORBA) where in you
just write the implementation and the remote interfaces and the framework
deals with all the implementation issues..

Cheers,
Naggi

Re: Invocation Vs Request

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
Naggi,

This is, to some degree, how .NET and SOAP Toolkit from Microsoft work.  You
write WSDL and go.  With the Toolkit, you still end up writing
[de-]serializers for complex types.

You may also want to look at the Web Services Toolkit from IBM
(http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/webservicestoolkit).  From what I gather
from other postings to this list, it uses Axis rather than Apache SOAP.
Also, as an AlphaWorks project, the technology may eventually be available
only as a licenses product; there is no guarantee it will become open
source.

Scott