Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Testrot <ma...@d-velop.de> on 2007/07/23 09:56:11 UTC

plugin with resource dependency

Hello,

is it possible to load a non-java resource from the classpath with:

		if (!new File(pResource).exists() &&
ClassLoader.getSystemResource(pResource) == null){
			System.out.println (pResource + " not found!");
			throw new FileNotFoundException("Description " +
pResource + " not found!");
		}

from within a maven plugin ("maven-test-plugin") if this resource is
placed in a separate maven artefact ("example-resources")?
I tried this by placing the resource jar as dependency for the plugin
execution as follows, but had no success:

	<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>example.maven.plugins</groupId>

<artifactId>maven-test-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
				<dependencies>
					<dependency>
					  <groupId>example</groupId>

<artifactId>example-resources</artifactId>

<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
					</dependency>
				</dependencies>

Greetings,
Martin

Re: plugin with resource dependency

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
"Martin Testrot" <ma...@d-velop.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to load a non-java resource from the classpath with:
>
> 		if (!new File(pResource).exists() &&
> ClassLoader.getSystemResource(pResource) == null){
> 			System.out.println (pResource + " not found!");
> 			throw new FileNotFoundException("Description " +
> pResource + " not found!");
> 		}

Hello,
Did you try using standard getResource instead of getSystemResource ?
According  to jdk/docs/api/java/lang/ClassLoader.html, the
getSystemResource() methods looks only in the system classloader which
may not be the right class loader to look at:

 if (!new File(pResource).exists() &&
     ClassLoader.getResource(pResource) == null){
     System.out.println (pResource + " not found!");
     throw new FileNotFoundException("Description " + pResource
        + " not found!");
 }

HTH
--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.