Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jeffrey Brekke <ek...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/22 18:12:45 UTC

[VFS] FTP Connection lifecycle

We are tracking a issue where our ftp connections are not being closed and
I've been looking for information in VFS on the connection lifecycle.  Is
there a requirement, when using certain file systems, to force a close to
ensure the connections are shut down?  We are not calling close() on file
object or explicitly calling fileSystemClose() on the manager.  Are we
leaving too much to GC?  Any help would be appreciated.

--
Jeffrey D. Brekke
Wisconsin,  USA

brekke at apache dot org