Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2020/01/31 14:17:27 UTC

[VOTE] [RESULT] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next to
> be released package
>
> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
> [ -1]  Release R17 before releasing R18
>
> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this vote will be only open for a week.
>
> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another process documented at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>
> Thank you for your attention
>
> Jacques

Thank you All,

As it was not a vote for a release process, I did not separate binding votes from others votes. Anyway it would not have changed the vote result.

The voting process is now closed and the vote is negative, with 6 positive votes ("+1"), 10 negative votes, and a neutral vote.

Thank you all for your participation.

The R17 branch will be released before the R18

Jacques

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Ah, we crossed on wire with Dennis's -1 vote, anyway again it does not change the result