Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jesper Skriver <je...@t.dk> on 1998/08/12 18:08:17 UTC

general/2840: A single virtualhost directive "takes over" the entire config.

>Number:         2840
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       A single virtualhost directive "takes over" the entire config.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have a working installation of 1.3.1 (and php-3.0.2a) without any
virtualhost directives, and Document root is /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs/
as expected, then I add the following virtualhost directive:

<VirtualHost www.dk.freebsd.org>
DocumentRoot /export/www
ServerName www.dk.freebsd.org
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd_www.dk.freebsd.org_error
TransferLog /var/log/httpd_www.dk.freebsd.org_access
</VirtualHost>

And now all requests goes to the FreeBSD mirror page, regardsless of the
page requested is http://lillebror.skriver.dk/ og http://www.dk.freebsd.org/

I've tried almost anything, so at last I went back to 1.2.4, and here it works
with the same VirtualHost directive.

The same problem as reported in problem report 2697, but you gave no solution,
just said it was a user mistake, but please elaborate !!
Use the configs available at http://lillebror.skriver.dk/ with Apache 1.3.1
>Fix:
Works with 1.2.4, but I would like to use 1.3.x with PHP3 ... I'll now try 1.3.0

Re: general/2840: A single virtualhost directive "takes over" the entire config.

Posted by Jesper Skriver <je...@skriver.dk>.
The same problem exists with 1.3.0

/Jesper

On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 04:10:00PM -0000, apbugs@hyperreal.org wrote:
> Thank you very much for your problem report.
> It has the internal identification `general/2840'.
> The individual assigned to look at your
> report is: apache.
>
> >Category:       general
> >Responsible:    apache
> >Synopsis:       A single virtualhost directive "takes over" the entire config.
> >Arrival-Date:   Wed Aug 12 09:10:00 PDT 1998

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS249-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)