Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu> on 2006/09/07 15:45:42 UTC

Portal app descriptor

> That said, I agree that data shouldn't be duplicated.  We should
> provide a simple mechanism on the PortletContainer interface for
> portals to retrieve the contents of the portlet descriptor.  I'm
> envisioning a getPortalApplicationDescriptor(String context) method
> or something like that on the public interface.

Thanks for that David.  I've been working on PLUTO-233 and current
mechanisms for getting a handle on the portlet descriptor are brittle.
I'll try to implement your suggestion above, if you're not already
working on it (no need to duplicate effort).

Elliot

Re: Portal app descriptor

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
nope, it's just an idea at this point. Go for it!