Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@citi-us.com> on 2002/12/10 19:16:03 UTC

[Avalon4] Fortress build simplification

Attached is a diff file to remove any dependencies on things
Fortress is not using.  Here is a comprehensive list of
dependencies:

Excalibur Instrument
Excalibur AltRMI (due to instrument dependency)
Excalibur Container
Excalibur Logger (previously released code)
Excalibur Event (recently released code)
Excalibur Thread (due to Event dependency)
Jakarta Commons Collections (most recent version)
Doug Lea's Concurrency Utilities (due to Event dependency)

Things that need to be done:

Release Instrument (Interface and Manager--Client does
                    not have to be rushed)

Release AltRMI (if not done already)

Release Container (i.e. extensions)

Release Thread or make Event not need it.

Re: [Avalon4] Fortress build simplification

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Attached is a diff file to remove any dependencies on things
> Fortress is not using.  Here is a comprehensive list of
> dependencies:
>
> Excalibur Instrument
> Excalibur AltRMI (due to instrument dependency)
> Excalibur Container
> Excalibur Logger (previously released code)
> Excalibur Event (recently released code)
> Excalibur Thread (due to Event dependency)
> Jakarta Commons Collections (most recent version)
> Doug Lea's Concurrency Utilities (due to Event dependency)

The gump descriptor also lists excalibur-sourceresolve, and the code
won't compile cleanly without it.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/project/jakarta-avalon-excalibur.xml?rev=1.66&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

If there are any other unnecessary dependencies, I would appreciate
hearing about it.  Or suggestions on what other build target that should
be used.

- Sam Ruby

Re: [Avalon4] Fortress build simplification

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 01:29  PM, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Looks like some problems on the test case:

bah, silly me for assuming that berin sent a working patch ;)

i'll dig further in a bit.
-pete

Re: [Avalon4] Fortress build simplification

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Looks like some problems on the test case:

test:
     [echo] Performing Unit Tests
    [mkdir] Created dir:
F:\dev\jakarta-avalon-excalibur\fortress\build\tests
    [junit] Running org.apache.excalibur.fortress.test.HandlersTestCase
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Time elapsed: 2.594 sec
    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.excalibur.fortress.test.HandlersTestCase
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Time elapsed: 2.594 sec
    [junit] ------------- Standard Output ---------------
    [junit] [WARNING] Could not read configuration file:
resource://org/apache/excalibur/fortress/test/data/test1.xlog
    [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolverImpl.resolveURI(SourceResolverImpl.java:257)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolverImpl.resolveURI(SourceResolverImpl.java:169)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.fortress.util.ContextManager.getConfiguration(ContextManager.java:650)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.fortress.util.ContextManager.initializeLoggerManager(ContextManager.java:729)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.fortress.util.ContextManager.initialize(ContextManager.java:232)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.fortress.DefaultContainerManager.getInitializedContextManager(DefaultContainerManager.java:132)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.fortress.DefaultContainerManager.<init>(DefaultContainerManager.java:117)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.fortress.DefaultContainerManager.<init>(DefaultContainerManager.java:111)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.fortress.test.HandlersTestCase.getServiceManager(HandlersTestCase.java:183)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.excalibur.fortress.test.HandlersTestCase.testThreadsafe(HandlersTestCase.java:42)
    [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
    [junit]     at
    [junit]     at
    [junit]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
    [junit]     at
junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
    [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:325)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:524)
    [junit] WARN    2002-12-10 19:26:08.562 [fortress] (): Could not
read configuration file: resource://org/apache/excalibur/fortress/test/
data/test1.roles

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: [Avalon4] Fortress build simplification

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 01:16  PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Attached is a diff file to remove any dependencies on things
> Fortress is not using.  Here is a comprehensive list of
> dependencies:

applied.
-pete