Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Volker Artmann <vo...@credence-sz.com> on 2004/02/16 10:35:57 UTC

"commit --non-recurse " bug

Hello SVN developers,

when using the "commit --non-rcurse  <anyWCdir>", nothing is done by the
commit.
In my oppinion this is a bug. I looked into the (V 0.37) source and found
the (possible)
cause of this in the file "commit_util.c". I changed the source
(see diff-file in attachment: patch -p 1 <client_util.c.diff).

As I have no experience with the svn internals you may want to proof the
changes.
It would be great if the right behaviour would be in the V1.0 version of
svn.

Regards,
Volker

Re: "commit --non-recurse " bug

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:35:57AM +0100, Volker Artmann wrote:
> when using the "commit --non-rcurse  <anyWCdir>", nothing is done by
> the commit.  In my oppinion this is a bug. I looked into the (V 0.37)
> source and found the (possible) cause of this in the file
> "commit_util.c". I changed the source (see diff-file in attachment:
> patch -p 1 <client_util.c.diff).
>[-- Attachment #2: commit_util.c.diff.gz --]
>[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Encoding: base64, Size: 1.2K --]

You really should read the HACKING file.  We try to inline patches if
the text isn't going to wrap.  But if you must attach it, please attach
it as text/plain and without compression.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken

Re: "commit --non-recurse " bug

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Volker Artmann <vo...@credence-sz.com> writes:

> Hello SVN developers,
>
> when using the "commit --non-rcurse <anyWCdir>", nothing is done by
> the commit.  In my oppinion this is a bug. I looked into the (V
> 0.37) source and found the (possible) cause of this in the file
> "commit_util.c". I changed the source (see diff-file in attachment:
> patch -p 1 <client_util.c.diff).

Commit (unlike all other svn subcommands) treats --non-recursive (-N)
as "depth 0" (other subcommands use depth 1).  So unless you have
property modifications on your wc-dir, 'svn commit -N <wc-dir>' will
do (and is expected to do) nothing.