Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kaveh Goudarzi <ka...@itkaa.com> on 2008/12/19 16:55:50 UTC

maven 2.0 plugin short hand invocation fails on windows

Hi All,

   Hope this is the right forum for plugin questions :-) ... I've
written a custom maven plugin and am able to run it happily on windows
and Mac OS X.

   In the Mac environment I'm able to modify the ~/.m2/settings.xml
and add the

<pluginGroups>
  <pluginGroup>com.ikaa.maven.plugin</pluginGroup>
</pluginGroups>

and then run the short hand version of my goal

mvn pca:clean

instead of

mvn com.ikaa.maven.plugin:maven-pca-plugin:1.0:clean

On Windows however modifying the ~/.m2/settings.xml does not have the
expected result and (~/ is C:\Documents and Settings\..." and I can
see .m2 and also the plugin in the local repository)

running the long hand version works as expected but the short hand fails

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'pca'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-pca-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

	Somehow the lookup does not seem to use the group-id in the
settings.xml.  Even dropping the version from the long hand will fail
on windows.  Two separate windows installations exhibit this same
problem ... am I missing something very obvious?

== Failing here ==
windows> mvn  -version
Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_06
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"

== Works here ==
mackmg$ mvn -version
Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_16
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.5.6" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

any help / advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance + kind regards,

Kaveh.

RE: maven 2.0 plugin short hand invocation fails on windows

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Are you absolutely sure you're modifying the correct settings? It should
be c:\documents and settings\[user id]\.m2\settings.xml unless it's
vista, then it's c:\users\[userid]...