Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Foo JH <jh...@extracktor.com> on 2008/04/08 19:31:57 UTC

A little success

Hi guys,

Just want to share that I've gotten my first test index + search
running. Some comments to share the experience:
1. Some of the lucene.net tutorials are slightly out of date. For
example: this is obselete:
doc.Add(new Field("title", "sherlock holmes", true, true, false));

it should be:
doc.Add(new Field("title", "sherlock holmes",
                    Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED,
                    Field.TermVector.YES));

2. Contributed libraries are not very well documented. For example:
Snowball requires a string as a constructor parameter. You need to read
the JavaDoc to figure that out. Even then, you need to know what to
click to get the page you want.

Other than that, it's a very exciting start to some fun with an indexer!