Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by armpersonals <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/07 13:25:35 UTC

Help on Clarification

Hi Folks,
I am new to Apache Pivot UI and am doing Small Scale Desktop application. I
have couple doubts on this Framework
1). is Apache Pivot supporting multi theme?
2). Can we customize window task bar?
3). Is there any provision change Sheet, Dialog box transition in the
window?
4). How can we create modal dialog/window?

Please share supported styles for all components in Apache Pivot.

--ariram

Re: Help on Clarification

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
> 1. Can do wizard basics controls in Pivot Apache

Yes.

> 2. Files Rendering Option.

Not sure what this means.

> 3. Customize on window tittle bar (i wrongly mentioned in last posting)

You can set the title and icon.

Re: Help on Clarification

Posted by armpersonals <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your immediate help!..

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:20 PM, gk_brown@verizon.net [via Apache Pivot -
Users] <ml...@n3.nabble.com> wrote:

> > I am new to Apache Pivot UI and am doing Small Scale Desktop application.
> > have couple doubts on this Framework
> > 1). is Apache Pivot supporting multi theme?
>
> Depends on how you define theme. Like Swing, Pivot supports pluggable L&F,
> but at the moment there is only one, called Terra. Terra supports
> configurable color schemes, allowing you to specify a custom font and color
> palette for your application.
>
> > 2). Can we customize window task bar?
>
> Do you mean the Windows task bar? If so, Pivot doesn't provide any direct
> support for that, but since Pivot applications are just Java apps, you can
> use the system tray functionality built into the JDK.
>
> > 3). Is there any provision change Sheet, Dialog box transition in the
> > window?
>
> Not sure what you mean by this.
>
> > 4). How can we create modal dialog/window?
>
> You can create a modal dialog as follows:
>
> Dialog dialog = new Dialog(true);
>
> or:
>
> dialog.setModal(true);
>
> User input events to the owner window will be blocked until the dialog is
> closed.
>
> Sheets are always modal.
>
> > Please share supported styles for all components in Apache Pivot.
>
> Styles are just the Java bean properties of the currently installed skin.
> You just need to look at the Javadoc for the skin to see what styles it
> supports.

> below:
>
> http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/Help-on-Clarification-tp3034075p3034129.html

Ariram K