Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by DJ...@360commerce.com on 2004/05/04 20:41:57 UTC

is the xsd redefine element really supported ?

I am trying to generate a class hierarchy for the retail industry's
PoslogV2.x XML Schema. That schema makes use of the "redefine" element. I
see in the xmlbean's code that "redefine" is supported, but I get a
ClassCastException when i try to compile the schema. Also, I didn't notice
any test cases that actually use "redefine".

I went ahead and corrected my local xmlbean's source code to not cast the
String to a QName in the org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.StscTranslator$
RedefinitionHolder.complainAboutMissingDefinitions()method. That just
gives me the error that the original definition of the redefined element
is missing. That definition is clearly not missing.

Does anyone know if this redefine functionality has been exercised much.
I'm wondering if I should try to track down the problem, or if this
functionality is still in its early stages of development.

I did search through the user and dev archives looking for any mention of
"redefine" but I didn't see anything that looked related.

Thanks in advance for your help,