Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/15 15:25:11 UTC

Registration Opens for ApacheCon 2003

OK folks, it's official! Online registration is now
open. Feel free to distribute our press release below
and use Ceki's advert icons at
http://www.apache.org/~ceki/ac2003/ to publicize your
support for Apache.

See you in Las Vegas,
Sally

= = =

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=57498

Registration Opens for ApacheCon 2003, the Global Hub
for All Things Apache

(MARKET WIRE) -- 09/15/2003 --
http://www.apachecon.com/ -- ApacheCon, the official
conference of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF),
announced today the opening of registration for
ApacheCon 2003, to be held November 16-20, 2003 in Las
Vegas, Nevada.

Forward-thinking open source users, developers,
programmers, system administrators, and information
architects head to ApacheCon to master new
technologies, expand their knowledge and share
problem-solving skills with peers from across the
globe. Offering a wide range of beginner, intermediate
and advanced sessions, ApacheCon attendees will learn
firsthand the latest developments in Apache, the
world's most popular Web server software, as well as
key open source projects spanning PHP, Perl, XML,
Java, MySQL, WebDAV, and more. Debuting at ApacheCon
is code-named Geronimo, the ASF-licensed open source
implementation of the J2EE specification that builds
upon the many ASF-driven Java projects in liaison with
leading members of the Castor, JBoss, MX4J and OpenEJB
communities.

"We're proud to offer the opportunity to inspire,
educate, and interact with some of the industry's
sharpest minds," said ApacheCon 2003 Chairman Ken
Coar. "ApacheCon attendees are part of a collective
voice in providing input and feedback to the Apache
Software Foundation, thereby making a direct impact on
the Apache community."

More than 60 Sessions Highlight Core and
Next-Generation Apache Server Tools

ApacheCon kicks off with intensive full- and half-day
tutorials that offer real world insight, techniques,
and methodologies pivotal to the increasing demand for
open source software. Attendees hone their skills,
learn shortcuts and hacks and solve programming
challenges on a variety of topics, including Apache
2.0, Jakarta, PHP, Perl, and SVG.

This year's sessions highlight the dynamic nature of
open development, and are grouped into three Focus
Days: 1) Apache with XML and Java; 2) All Things
Apache; and 3) Apache with Perl and PHP. ApacheCon
presenters and faculty include some of the most
accomplished and respected leaders in the open source
community, such as Rich Bowen, Doug Tidwell, Stas
Bekman, Rasmus Lerdorf, Greg Stein, Stefano Mazzocchi,
and Geoffrey Young, along with keynote speakers Chris
Pirillo and Doc Searls.

Attendees can meet ASF members and peers during the
ApacheCon Expo, evening events, birds of a feather
sessions and a number of informal social gatherings.
Premier sponsors include the Java Community Process
(JCP), and Sun Microsystems who returns as a platinum
sponsor.

Once again ApacheCon is offering early registration
incentives, including a tiered discount of up to $400
off the $899 individual registration fee to those who
register by 30 September. The full conference
schedule, tutorial descriptions, sponsorship and
exhibitor opportunities, and venue details can be
found at the ApacheCon 2003 Website. Register today at
http://www.apachecon.com/ .

Press registration is now available; please contact
the ApacheCon Press Team on +1.617.921.8656 or via
email at press@apachecon.com.

About the Apache Software Foundation

The Apache Software Foundation provides
organizational, legal, and financial support for
world-class, Open Source, Java, Perl, XML, Tcl, and
PHP projects, in addition to the world's most popular
Web server. The membership driven, non-profit,
Foundation exists to ensure that the Apache projects
continue to exist beyond the contributions of
individuals, to enable contributions of intellectual
property and financial support, and to provide a
vehicle for limiting legal exposure while
participating in Open Source projects. For more
information, please see http://www.apache.org

Contact: Sally Khudairi
Company: Apache Software Foundation
Phone: 617-921-8656
Email: sk@apache.org

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: ApacheCon Ad banners

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@apache.org>.
According to Saqib Ali:

> Can anybody send me the URL to the apachecon Ad banners?

http://www.apachecon.com/html/adverts.html

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht
lars@apache.org

ApacheCon Ad banners

Posted by Saqib Ali <sa...@seagate.com>.
Hello,

Can anybody send me the URL to the apachecon Ad banners?

Thanks.
Saqib Ali
http://www.xml-dev.com

Re: Announcement on TLDP

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Fantastic; thanks so much!

--- SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com> wrote:
> Guylhem Aznar, the owner of the Linux Documentation
> Project, was kind
> enough to put the ApacheCon announcement on their
> main page.
>
> Check it out: http://www.tldp.org
>

> Saqib Ali
> ---------
> http://www.xml-dev.com

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> discuss-help@ApacheCon.Com

=====
NEW PHONE #s
mobile +1.617.921.8656
vox +1.781.772.1484

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Announcement on TLDP

RE: Registration Opens for ApacheCon 2003

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
I'm guilty of not using my spell checker, and of poor typing.  I confess!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

Posted by SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com>.
Howard,

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Howard,

Lodging info is available online at
http://www.apachecon.com/2003/US/html/travel.html

If you are a speaker waiting for your speaker package,
those will be sent out soon. Your continued patience
is much appreciated!

- Sally

=== message truncated ===

=====
NEW PHONE #s
mobile +1.617.921.8656
vox +1.781.772.1484

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

RE: Registration Opens for ApacheCon 2003

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Saqib,

--- SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com> wrote:
> [...]
> contact
> > > the ApacheCon Press Team on +1.617.921.8656 or
> via
> > > email at press@apachecon.com.
> > >
> > > About the Apache Software Foundation
> > >
> > > The Apache Software Foundation provides
> > > organizational, legal, and financial support for
> > > world-class, Open Source, Java, Perl, XML, Tcl,
> and
> > > PHP projects, in addition to the world's most
> popular
> > > Web server. The membership driven, non-profit,
> > > Foundation exists to ensure that the Apache
> projects
> > > continue to exist beyond the contributions of
> > > individuals, to enable contributions of
> intellectual
> > > property and financial support, and to provide a
> > > vehicle for limiting legal exposure while
> > > participating in Open Source projects. For more

=== message truncated ===

=====
NEW PHONE #s
mobile +1.617.921.8656
vox +1.781.772.1484

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: Registration Opens for ApacheCon 2003

Posted by SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com>.
Sally,

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Fantastic idea -- thanks for this, Saqib.

Give me a bit to work on it; I just got slammed with
two press calls (which is good).

- Sally

=====
NEW PHONE #s
mobile +1.617.921.8656
vox +1.781.772.1484

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: Registration Opens for ApacheCon 2003

Posted by SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com>.
Sally,

Posted by Hans Kind <hk...@flyingservers.nl>.
According to the Alexis web site,
http://alexispark.com/rooms/rooms.htm  all rooms have high speed Internet.

That's what they said on the Linux World Expo web site regarding the Argent
hotel for the linuxworld expo held last august in San Francisco.

Turned out there was no high speed internet for the rooms booked trough
linux world, and they even charged me for local phone calls.

Anyway, high speed internet would be great.

rgda

Hans

Posted by "B.K. DeLong" <bk...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@apache.org>.
According to Hans Kind:

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Hans, thanks for your inquiry.

I think they do, but am not 100% certain. While we
will be offering wireless access at the conference,
some rooms may not be within the range as well.

To that end, I'm copying the conference planners,
specifically Charel Morris and Tina Greene, for their
attention.

Charel/Tina, can you please follow up with Hans and
the rest of the folks on this list?

Thanks in advance,
Sally

=== message truncated ===

=====
NEW PHONE #s
mobile +1.617.921.8656
vox +1.781.772.1484

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: Registration Opens for ApacheCon 2003

Posted by Hans Kind <hk...@flyingservers.nl>.
Hi Sally,

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Hans!

> [...]

> at
> >http://www.apachecon.com/ .
> >
> >Press registration is now available; please contact
> >the ApacheCon Press Team on +1.617.921.8656 or via
> >email at press@apachecon.com.
> >
> >About the Apache Software Foundation
> >
> >The Apache Software Foundation provides
> >organizational, legal, and financial support for
> >world-class, Open Source, Java, Perl, XML, Tcl, and
> >PHP projects, in addition to the world's most
> popular
> >Web server. The membership driven, non-profit,
> >Foundation exists to ensure that the Apache
> projects
> >continue to exist beyond the contributions of
> >individuals, to enable contributions of
> intellectual
> >property and financial support, and to provide a
> >vehicle for limiting legal exposure while
> >participating in Open Source projects. For more

=====
NEW PHONE #s
mobile +1.617.921.8656
vox +1.781.772.1484

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: Registration Opens for ApacheCon 2003

Posted by Hans Kind <hk...@flyingservers.nl>.
Sally,