Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Fitzpatrick <li...@webtent.net> on 2007/01/24 14:50:19 UTC

How to stop this spam

With sa-update ran within the last week, I run it once a week, and rules
du jour, there is one type of spam still getting through. The subject
varies and the body usually starts with a paragraph then stock info:

The Motion Picture Group
Symbol: MPRG
Price: $0.431 UP 30% Today

What can I add to stop this spam? Here are the rules I am using via
rules du jour:

        TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE ANTIDRUG \
        SARE_EVILNUMBERS0 SARE_EVILNUMBERS1 \
        BOGUSVIRUS SARE_ADULT SARE_FRAUD SARE_BML SARE_SPOOF \
        SARE_BAYES_POISON_NXM SARE_OEM SARE_RANDOM SARE_HEADER0 \
        SARE_HTML0 SARE_HTML1 SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_OBFU0 SARE_REDIRECT_POST300 \
        SARE_GENLSUBJ0 SARE_UNSUB SARE_URI0 SARE_URI1 \
        SARE_WHITELIST SARE_WHITELIST_SPF SARE_STOCKS";

--
Robert

Re: How to stop this spam - don't use antidrug

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> With sa-update ran within the last week, I run it once a week, and rules
> du jour, there is one type of spam still getting through. The subject
> varies and the body usually starts with a paragraph then stock info:
>
> The Motion Picture Group
> Symbol: MPRG
> Price: $0.431 UP 30% Today
>
> What can I add to stop this spam? Here are the rules I am using via
> rules du jour:
>
>         TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE ANTIDRUG \

Unless you are using SA 2.x, remove antidrug from your RDJ. I'm the
author of antidrug, and I can assure you this functionality is included
in SA 3.0.0 and higher as a part of the official ruleset. By downloading
the original ruleset, you're downgrading any tweaks or score adjustments
may have been made by the SA development team.

Furthermore, I'm changing ISPs, so that URL will start returning errors
really soon now.. I've posted NUMEROUS warnings to this list over the
past 2 months.